Careers at LifeGift
Ready for a career change? Join our passionate team!
LifeGift offers hope to the thousands of people in Texas and beyond who need life-saving organ and tissue transplants. Driven by our mission to save lives, we recruit, hire, support and retain team members who are passionate about our important work. Over the last 35 years, our mission has never wavered – saving and healing lives through organ and tissue donation.
Would you like to be part of our life-saving mission? Imagine the rewards of being part of an organization that offers hope and saves lives!
Make A Difference
Imagine the rewards of being part of an organization that offers hope and saves lives!
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives through organ and tissue donation, serving more than 10 million people who live in communities in Southeast, North and West Texas. LifeGift partners with more than 200 hospitals across 109 counties in our service regions to facilitate the gifts of organ and tissue donation and encourage residents in our communities to register as a donor.
We deliver life-saving organ transplants and tissue to those in need. We look for candidates who are emotionally strong, mature, empathetic and mission driven. To accomplish our important work, we provide our communities with three core services:
- Managing all aspects of organ and tissue donation
- Supporting donor families and transplant recipients
- Educating communities and healthcare professionals about their important role in the life-saving process of donation and transplantation
Our headquarters is a place for our team to connect with one another as we fulfill our life-saving mission. It’s a home for donation and transplantation in our community and a place to honor those individuals who gave the selfless gift of life; you’ll always see the Donate Life flag proudly flying.
Building a welcoming team inspired to do good
Diversity, equity and inclusion are integral to LifeGift’s mission of offering hope and healing through organ and tissue donation. Since our inception in 1987, we’ve worked with our region’s diverse communities to break down barriers to donation. We recruit, hire and retain people from diverse backgrounds, including race, ethnicity, cultural, sexual orientation and gender. Our culture is one that embraces diversity which contributes to an abundance of talent and innovation elevating our success!
Our values are reflected in our culture and the different ways we support our team:
- Structured onboarding program to help new team members understand donation and LifeGift’s undertaking
- Professional development opportunities for all team members, including ongoing training through our LIFT Learning Management System
- A variety of committees led by team members focused on improving employee engagement, donation research, innovation and strategy
Benefits designed to meet your needs
As an employee of LifeGift, you will be provided with a comprehensive, affordable and flexible benefits package allowing you to design your benefits program to meet your personal and professional goals, plus a variety of medical, dental and other benefit options that provide the coverage that best fulfills your needs.
Highly competitive benefits
LifeGift’s benefit-eligible team members enjoy the following employer provided benefits:
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and holiday time off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Retirement package that includes 403(b) and 401(a) plans with rich employer match
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance and additional short-term disability pay
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Free parking
Additional elective benefits
LifeGift’s benefit-eligible team members also can obtain these benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance with generous employer premium cost share
- Health savings accounts (HSA) including employer contributions
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Vision insurance
- Voluntary additional employee, spouse and child life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental benefits consisting of accident insurance, critical illness and hospital indemnity
- Voluntary additional long-term disability insurance
Environmental responsibility and stewardship
At LifeGift, the value of stewardship applies to everything we do from being stewards of the gift of life, to being responsible stewards of our environment. Our Houston headquarters has implemented energy efficiencies that include:
- Green roofs reduce and slow stormwater runoff in urban environments and they also reduce energy costs by absorbing heat by providing natural insulation for buildings
- High efficiency HVAC systems, lighting with sensors and motion detection, automated no-touch faucets and automatic doors
- Low volatile organic compound (VOC) paints, and carpet and hard surface flooring are all made of recycled products
- Robust recycling programs
Supporting your professional development every step of the way
LifeGift is committed to providing outstanding education and competency-based training to our team members at every stage of their career. In 2020 we launched LifeGift Institute for the Future of Transplantation (LIFT) – our premier professional development and training program that aims to increase the educational opportunities and continuously raise our team’s expertise in a variety of topics and protocols. Through the LIFT learning program, team members receive ongoing training so they can keep up with the latest industry advancements, expand their skills, stay informed on rules and regulatory standards and grow at every stage of their career.
Working at LifeGift has changed my perspective on life while enriching my own life’s purpose. I offer family members comfort on the worst day of their life, and help them provide hope to those waiting for a second chance at life. I have learned there are opportunities hidden in our worst moments.– Karla Trice, Family Care Specialist
Join us and apply today!
Qualified candidates who are interested in a life-changing career are encouraged to apply.
Frequently asked questions
How do I apply?
Thank you for your interest in joining LifeGift! To apply, you will need to submit an online employment application. Employment applications can be submitted via computer, cellphone or other mobile devices. All available positions can be viewed here.
For accommodation to our employment application process, please contact LifeGift’s Human Resources Department at TalentAcquisitionTeam@lifegift.org or call 800-633-6562 to discuss your specific needs.
What does the interview process look like?
LifeGift is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified applicants who are dedicated to our important work. Because of this, we have a multi-step interview process that allows candidates to meet with many LifeGift team members.
A typical interview process consists of the following:
- An interview with a human resources administrator
- An interview with a supervisor and/or manager
- An interview with a director and/or vice president
A LifeGift recruiter will be in contact with you during your interview process. They will provide you with additional information related to the interview steps and will be able to answer any questions.
I have applied but haven’t heard back yet. What does that mean?
To remain consistent in our employment application review process, we review applications in the order they are received. Once we have assembled a group of qualified candidates that are moving forward in the interview process, we stop reviewing incoming applications. If something were to change with our candidate pool, we would go back and review additional applications in the order they were received.
How should I prepare for my interview?
Preparing for an interview primarily means taking time to thoughtfully consider your goals and qualifications relative to the position and employer. To accomplish this, you should carefully review the job description to understand why you would be a good fit for the position.
Here are some basic guidelines for preparing for an interview:
- Carefully examine the job description
- Consider why you are interviewing and your qualifications/experience
- Consider your answers to common interview questions
- Practice your speaking voice and body language
- Prepare several thoughtful questions for the interviewers
- Conduct mock (practice) interviews
- Prepare to follow up after the initial interview
Are you new to the field of organ and tissue donation?
Are you currently working in a hospital setting or ER unit or do you have passion for helping others heal and save lives? Employees at LifeGift come from various backgrounds and fields in the health care/medical industry. We have one of the highest retention rates and take pride in our commitment to provide professional opportunities around a team culture built on inclusivity, support and collaboration.
Learn more about the donation process and see how you can be part of the team.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Have questions? Need more information?
We are here to help answer questions and provide information to support your employment application and decision-making process. Please email us at TalentAcquisitionTeam@lifegift.org with any questions.