Houston Donate Life Texas 2nd Chance Run Facts and Tips
To ensure that race day is a smooth and enjoyable experience for you and your family, we put together some quick facts and tips for you:
1. Packet pickup at the Houston Marriott West Loop, located at 1750 West Loop South, is highly encouraged. We will be there on Thursday, April 14, from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., and again Friday, April 15, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
2. If you are part of a team, either the captain or another appointed individual can pick up packets for the entire team.
3. The race will take place rain or shine. However, in the event of inclement weather (tornadoes, hail, thunder and lightning), we reserve the right to cancel. Please refer to www.2ndchancerun.org for specifics related to our weather cancellation policies.
4. If you did not pre-register, we will not be able to guarantee you a race t-shirt.
5. Please arrive early to get the best parking. Please visit the race website: www.2ndchancerun.org for a map of parking spaces.
6. Roads will close at 7:30 a.m. so please arrive early.
7. Walk-up registration is available onsite. Cash and checks will be accepted. No credit cards.
8. The 5K race starts at 8 a.m. and the 1-mile walk begins at 8:15 a.m. The awards ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m.
9. Maps of the courses (5K and 1-Mile) can be found on the website: www.2ndchancerun.org.
10. Strollers and dogs on leashes are welcomed. For those participating in the 5K, you are asked to start behind the timed runners so as to not trip anyone.
11. Have fun offering hope to thousands who wait for a second chance!